One of the biggest highlights every summer is celebrating the fourth of July. Let’s be honest though, the day is just as much about celebrating short shorts and crop tops as it is about America. This quick workout will lift your bum and strengthen your legs so you can feel as confident as ever in your favorite daisy dukes. Three cheers for the red, white, and a toned summer booty!
Complete each move 15 times
Summer Booty Kick Back
- While on all fours, bring your left knee towards your left elbow.
- Keeping your knee bent, kick your leg backward.
High Plank Lift
- Start in a high plank position.
- Lift your left leg as high as you can.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Single Leg Bridge
- Lay on your back with one leg lifted.
- Squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips upward until your body is straight from your neck to your knee.
- Keeping your balance centered, cross your right leg behind your left as you lunge down. knees should be at 90-degree angles, hips squared forward.
- Return to standing upright.
- Lunge the opposite direction.
For further thigh exercises, check out the 30 day thigh challenge!
- Begin standing with feet just over shoulder width apart, toes pointed forward.
- Squat into a seated position, weight in your heels and knees over toes.
Now that you have the hang of it, complete this circuit 3 more times and build that summer booty!
Also see: Melissa McCarthy weight loss article
Show us your holiday festivities and progress using #FitnessGoals!