It’s always fun getting out of the gym and trying new methods of working out to stay inspired.
A full-body stair workout is the perfect two-for-one. Not only do you get your cardio, but you can also use your own body weight for strength training stairs exercises to develop sexy thighs and glutes!
This workout can be progressed or regressed to your liking. The steeper and longer the stairs the more difficult it will be. Aim for a set of at least 10. For the still moves, complete 10 reps each.
- Prep yourself at the bottom of the stairs with feet just over shoulder width apart
- Hop up each stair, landing in a squat position.
Single Leg Hop
Jump up the entire stair set on one leg. Walk down to the bottom and repeat on the other leg.
- Fully extend your body with your hands supporting you on the stair behind you.
- Bend your elbows back bringing your booty toward the ground, then lift back into starting position.
- Begin in pushup position, hands on the stairs and body fully extended. Your arms should be shoulder width apart.
- Bring your chest down toward the stair. Engaging your pectorals (chest muscles) lift yourself back to the starting position.
- Sitting on a stair, place your hands next to your sides and lift your legs so your body forms a shallow V shape.
- Crunch your knees into your chest.
- Sit in the same V starting position as above, only this time with your right foot crossed over the left.
- Keep your core tightly engaged and rotate crossing your feet over each other.
Repeat this total body circuit 2 more times. If you practice these stairs workouts weekly, aim to find stair cases a little longer and steeper every time. It’s also a great way to do a little exploring! Show me what you find using #FitnessGoals!
Adele’s weight loss partially came from running stairs and eating healthy. It’s definitely worth doing, just look at her.