You can do this, no excuses! HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is a proven method to jumpstart your metabolism and increase calorie burn through rapidly increasing and decreasing your heart rate. This workout is a combination of both, making it the quickest and most effective and hardest circuit workout you’ll try this week and can put in your pocket for weeks to come!
Here’s how it works: perform each move for 45 seconds and then rest for 15. Repeat the circuit 4 times to complete our 20 minute high intensity interval training circuit.
Elbow Tap Jack
- Begin as if you were doing a regular jumping-jack.
- Jump up and tap your hands, then each time you land jump again and alternate tapping one elbow to the opposing knee.
- Jump upward landing with your feet crossed.
- Jump again, this time landing in squat position. Be sure to keep your balance centered and weight in your heals.
- Start with both feet together.
- Using power from your left foot, jump right.
- Jump back to the left using power from your right foot
- Using a small core ball like the one shown above or a larger stability ball, begin with the ball under your feet and body fully extended.
- Engage your core and bring your knees into your chest and then return to full extension.
- Start off with the same ball in your hands and feet about 6 inches off the ground, body extended.
- Crunch your core and pass the ball to your feet.
- Next, return to the fully extended position and then pass back.
Voilà! It has only been 20 minutes and you just crushed our hardest circuit workout. Now go enjoy whatever else this beautiful thing call life has in store for you! Show me what you’re up to with #FitnessGoals.